News

New ornaments have arrived!

 

 

Ready for purchase!! The 1917 “The Smokestacks”

The Virginia Western Power Co., later known as VEPCO, constructed a steam plant along the Greenbrier River on West Monroe Avenue in 1917. The small stack, standing over 200ft., was built first along with the building. The second stack was completed in 1923 and rose to 328 1/2 ft tall, top be known as the tallest concrete smokestack in the world. The facility had its own water tower and railway access. The plant closed in 1951; stacks were dismantled in 1966.
This ornament is the 6th in a series and all purchases go toward the Ronceverte Development Corporation/ Ronceverte Main Street program. City National Bank sponsored the 2014-2015 ornament series.

2014-ornament

Share/Bookmark
Posted in News |

to top